On this page we will keep you up-to-date with the steps we are taking to mitigate the effect of COVID-19.
Please do not come to branch if you are experiencing any symptoms – A fever, persistent cough or headache.
Current Status – Tuesday 28th April 17:00
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE AT CRESCENT BUILDING SUPPLIES.
On March 23rd we made the very difficult decision to close our branches. We did not do this lightly, but our priority will always be the safety of our colleagues, customers and the wider communities in which we operate.
Since making that difficult decision, we have been following Government guidelines whilst at the same time developing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to enable us to reopen in a safe and structured way.
Based on the position of the Government and their advice that “construction and its supply chain should continue to operate subject to public health guidelines”, we now believe that the timing is right to start our reopening process.
Our priority remains the safety of our colleagues, customers and the wider community. To enable this, we have put together a phased structured reopening plan that will safeguard our colleagues and customers in branch whilst serving as wide a geographical area as possible.
What have we done and how will we re-open?
We have put together a wide range of new procedures to cover all parts of our operation. These will ensure that we adhere to social distancing and new safety guidelines in every eventuality. These procedures include: ongoing branch cleaning, PPE and sanitisation for colleagues, risk assessments, social distancing, customer collection points and regulating the number of customers on site.
The list of branches with their planned reopening dates are detailed below. If your nearest branch is not on this list, the reopening has not been scheduled yet, please contact your nearest open branch for any order enquiries.
- Maidenhead Branch 01628 407300 – Opens: Monday 4th May
- Uxbridge Branch 01895 200444 – Opens: Tuesday 5th May
- Ruislip Branch 01895 672822 – Opens: Tuesday 5th May
What this means to you
- Our management team will be making every effort to contact as many of our trade account customers as we can over the next two weeks to provide an update on which branches will be opening.
- If your local branch isn’t open, you will still be able to place orders for delivery as long as you are within the delivery radius of that branch. You can also collect from the nearest open branch. Please contact the local branch if you are unsure.
- Prior to making any collections, you will need to phone the branch to agree a collection time and get your collection reference number. If you don’t have a time slot or reference number, you will not be allowed onto the branch site. For Collect orders the branch will call customers with a designated timeslot and reference.
- Whilst on site you will be given instructions regarding the new operating procedures. It is critical that you follow these at all times when on our site. Should you fail to comply then, for the safety of all other colleagues and customers, you will be denied entry / instructed to leave the branch.
- All deliveries will need to be phoned through in the usual way. However, there will be new procedures for you to follow prior to, and when receiving a delivery, all of which will be explained by your local branch team. Once again, for the safety of all other colleagues and customers, these new procedures must be adhered to. Failure to do so will result in the delivery not being unloaded.
Our aim is to continue to provide the highest level of service to our customers but whilst maintaining your safety as well as that of our colleagues. To achieve this, we will all need to operate in a different way than we are used to, with safety remaining our number one priority. We believe that by working together to achieve this, we can continue to support you and your business through these difficult times.
We would like to thank you all for your loyalty and continued support and look forward to trading with you on our return to work.
For any accounts queries during this time please call 07907 042628.